How to design the perfect event wristband?
When it comes to event access control, wristbands are the go-to option for almost every event type – outdoor music festivals, cocktail parties, large-scale concerts and sports’ competitions. They are durable, versatile and incredibly effective, but more than this, they are a really valuable marketing tool for event organisers and sponsors. Here’s how you can get the most out of your wristband design.
5 tips to design the perfect wristband
1. Colour choice
One of the most impactful aspects of the event wristband is the colour chosen. The colour, which will form the backdrop of the wristband design, will convey the event’s theme and needs to work well with event logo. Make sure to compare the colours with other events so as not to create confusion, and it’s also worth doing some research into colour and emotional associations.
2. Contrast of colours
More than merely the primary colour choice, you will need to determine the contrast of various colours and how they work together. Certain colours simply clash, making for a poor overall impression, while other colours don’t contrast well. High-contrast colours will ensure that the font and logo are still legible, while getting the event message across.
Read More: The best wristband colour for your event
3. Bolder fonts
While thinner, decorative fonts might appear more attractive on paper, when used on an event wristband, this smaller font can get completely lost. It’s best to select a bolder font that is easily seen and will work well with your chosen colours. Remember that, for wristbands that are silicone, you will also have to decide on debossed or embossed printing as well.
4. Choose the wristband material
Wristbands are available in a range of materials, depending on the event type and budget available to you. It’s important that you select the correct wristbands for your specific needs. The decision is between:
- Fabric wristbands – This is a premium wristband option, ideal for high-end events with bigger budgets. They are able to print a much more varied colour and design scheme and are tamper-proof, making them great for event access.
- Vinyl wristbands – These are comfortable, durable event wristbands and, although they’re not on the same level as fabric, they are certainly on the higher scale. Vinyl wristbands also have the option of pull-off tabs for pre-ordered meals, activities and drinks.
- Tyvek wristbands – These are very popular event wristbands that have the look and feel of paper, but are water-resistant and tamper-proof.
- Silicone wristbands – For events where access control is not an issue, and the priority is spreading messages and targeted marketing.
5. Simplicity is key
It is tempting to include as much as possible on an event wristband, but by overdoing it, you’re making the wristband illegible and unkempt. Less is certainly more, but with the right colour choice, font and design, you can get your message across in a clean and clear way.
6. Partner with a great supplier
At the end of the day, you can achieve the perfect wristband design by partnering with the right event wristband supplier. They will be able to provide expert input on the best material for your particular event needs, what colours and designs will work, and what the budget will allow. Make sure you choose a reputable supplier with industry experience.