If you’re looking to order wristbands for your event, you may want to read through our list of considerations to help you make the right decision. Once you have made your decision it’s important to adhere to certain guidelines when using a particular wristband for your event in order to ensure maximum access control and security.
We have a look at a few tips below:
- Design – Do not in any way reveal the design, colour, print or logo of the wristband before your event. This can lead to duplication and fraudulent use of wristbands, costing an event organiser thousands in unpaid tickets.
- Varied – Make sure that the wristbands for each different event vary substantially in branding and design. This eliminates the risk of using one wristband for two or more different events.
- Security – Make sure you use a reputable security company that you trust and has excellent references to manage the access control. Brief these security personnel as to exactly what the access control wristbands at your event look like as well as what dubious activity to look out for.
- Access levels – Use different colour wristbands for different levels of access at your event. This ensures that security can differentiate a golden circle ticket holder from a general admissions ticket holder very quickly.
- Branding – It’s a good idea to use a lot of branding on the wristband and not just one solid colour. This is more difficult to duplicate or re-use. Full colour branded Tyvek or vinyl wristbands are therefore an excellent option.
- Options – Make use of the varieties of wristbands available. There are many options available including glitter vinyl wristbands, wavy edged vinyl wristbands, wide full colour vinyl wristbands and more. Therefore try to use different options at different events in order to avoid re-use.
So once you have decided on what type of wristband you need for your event, how do you go about finding the right wristband supplier? The following points will help to access which wristband supplier to go with:
- Reputation – there are only a limited number of wristband suppliers in South Africa so it’s important to go with a company that has a good reputation in the market and is known for being reliable, efficient and cost effective. Phone around and ask event organisers who they deal with in order to get a good understanding.
- Willingness to help – A good wristband supplier should be on-the-ball, efficient and wanting to understand your requirements. If your wristband is slightly more complex in design or requirements, the wristband supplier should take the time to really understand what would work best for your event and guide your decision making on this – especially if you’ve never ordered wristbands before.
- Timing – a good wristband supplier will have a solid process in place for order taking, manufacturing and delivering of wristbands. It’s important to ask what the process is and how long it will take in order to ensure your wristbands arrive on time.
The above will ensure that your event runs smoothly and that wristbands for your event are used correctly and effectively.
Read more about access control trends to further help you make the right decision.
For fast, reliable and quality wristbands in South Africa as well as lanyards and more contact IDCBand SA today. IDCBand SA is South Africa’s leading wristband supplier based in Johannesburg and supplies wristbands, lanyards and other security and promotional items for just about every event and function. Contact IDCBand SA today.